Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Golden Series: Two Pears with Four Strawberries


Click to view auction 

Some News
I have told just a few of my collectors this, but I wanted to let you know that I injured my knee two weeks ago. Not being able to paint (or go running and to my favorite Zumba class) is always difficult, but I am doing much better now! The head of UPenn Sports Medicine ordered an MRI for me for next week to make sure there are no tears, so after that I can begin a more active recovery. Please send positive thoughts that I won't need surgery! : )

In other news, my Nov. 8-9 Peto Museum workshop is already more than half full. If you're thinking about it, register today to reserve your spot. I am also teaching in Yardley on September 13. After that, my next workshop will be May 18-22, 2015 in Sedona (save the date).

My recent Sedona Arts Center workshop was off-the-charts AMAZING. What an incredible group of painters! I am writing a couple of posts about that, along with my paintings from Arizona. I will also share some responses/testimonials from some of the fabulous workshop participants. Look for that next week. In the meantime, snapshots from the week are here.

Golden Series
Since I introduced the series in August 2012, I've been periodically making paintings that are part of what I refer to as my Golden Series. This is the third Golden Series painting I've done lately, although I am often thinking about the works by Dutch painters Rachel Ruysch, Caspar Netscher, and Abraham Mignon (all of which I studied at the Uffizi in Florence).

If you're interested, view all my Current Painting Auctions and Available Paintings.

All best,

To receive my new paintings first, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Detail Views:
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.

Here's how this painting would look framed: