Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Homegrown Tomato (+ Peto's still life objects)


Click to view auction

Peto's own still life objects
As I prepare for my Nov. 8-9 Peto Museum workshop - I'm contemplating John F. Peto's remarkable still life objects. The Peto is a Studio Museum, so his objects are placed in situ throughout the space.

I am honored to be able to choose from Peto's objects for my own painting demo still life set up during the workshop. During last year's workshop, I painted Still life with John F. Peto's Copper Jug, Clementine, and Concord Grapes. If you're interested, you can read more about it here and here.

Note:
Friday, August 22nd is the last day to enter the Peto Museum's National Juried Show of Contemporary Trompe L’oeil.

One last thing, about today's painting: I painted a mostly round homegrown tomato in 2007, a pretty green homegrown tomato in 2008, and a quite orange one in 2010. August is tomato season!

Enjoy,

To receive detail views of my new paintings, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Detail View:
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.


Framed View: