Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Hand-picked Strawberries on a Copper Plate (+ fruit in 300 years...)


Hand-picked Strawberries on a Copper Plate
6 x 7 inches, oil on linen on panel, framed, 2015
Private Collection

The owner of this new painting just said to me today, "In 300 years, your paintings will be used to show what fruit looked like when we lived." And she shared with me this interesting link: A 17th-Century Stanchi Painting Reveals the Rapid Change in Watermelons through Selective Breeding.

FYI: I mentioned it the other day, and I will be announcing my new Mindful Studio Practice Scholarship this Tuesday, so keep an eye out.

To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Enjoy,