Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Maine Lake (+ Peto Museum Workshop Registration OPEN - Oct. 24-25)


Maine Lake
5 x 6 inches, oil on linen on panel, framed
Available (framed view below)
Email me for purchase information

This is the counterpart to my Maine Lake (In the Fog) from yesterday -- the same lake view on a different day, in a different light. They are both on view in my solo show in Maine this month, framed in the same frame to match one another (pictured below), and hopefully they will stay together as a "pair."

Introducing my Peto Museum Workshop
My 2-day October 24-25 workshop at the Peto Museum is now open for registration. 

Space in this workshop is more limited than usual. The Peto Museum is an amazing and inspiring place, and I like to keep the group size intimate.

You can read about my 2013 workshop and my 2014 workshop at the Peto Museum, including views of my demo paintings and my thoughts on painting Peto's own still life objects in my still life set up.

Register today to reserve your spot.

In this workshop, I'll focus on how you can strengthen your approach to painting and your internal painting dialogue so you’ll have positive painting experiences. My perspective balances all there is to love about painting (a LOT!), with what I have identified as the most universally challenging aspects of painting. Read more here.

If you're interested, these photos and this video give a glimpse into the vibe of my workshops.

Finally, here's some feedback about my teaching at the Peto Museum:
"In one to one discussions, Abbey has a wonderful way of communicating the things that are working and making suggestions. She is an excellent instructor, sharing so much information not only about HOW she does things but WHY. Also, working in the Peto Museum and studio was AWESOME! There is definitely a sense of creative energy there. It was inspiring to see the ordinary objects that Peto turned into such beautiful paintings."     -DL
To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Enjoy,


Framed view: